Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
ORF1p (D3W9O) Rabbit mAb #88701
|88701S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,100.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|88701||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting,
Specificity / Sensitivity
ORF1p (D3W9O) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total ORF1p protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly162 of human ORF1p protein.
LINE-1, also known as L1, is a non-long terminal repeat (non-LTR) retrotransposon with hundreds of thousands of copies in the human genome (1, 2). Like all non-LTRs, L1 replicates by target-primed reverse transcription (TPRT) (3). The L1 retrotransposon encodes two proteins critical to this process: ORF1p and ORF2p. ORF2p contributes to endonuclease and reverse transcriptase activity, while ORF1p acts as a nucleic acid chaperone that binds RNA (4-8). Many types of cancers have been shown to have L1 insertions within tumor suppressor genes, disrupting their expression and contributing to tumorigenesis (9).
While normally silenced, ORF1p is expressed in many types of cancers (9-12). Recently, it has been found that ORF1p can become phosphorylated and that this event impacts its ability to promote retrotransposition. This creates a novel dynamic to which the host could actively affect L1 replication through various signaling cascades (13).
- Kazazian, H.H. and Moran, J.V. (1998) Nat Genet 19, 19-24.
- Malik, H.S. et al. (1999) Mol Biol Evol 16, 793-805.
- Wilhelm, M. and Wilhelm, F.X. (2001) Cell Mol Life Sci 58, 1246-62.
- Scott, A.F. et al. (1987) Genomics 1, 113-25.
- Moran, J.V. et al. (1996) Cell 87, 917-27.
- Feng, Q. et al. (1996) Cell 87, 905-16.
- Martin, S.L. and Bushman, F.D. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 467-75.
- Kolosha, V.O. and Martin, S.L. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94, 10155-60.
- Lee, E. et al. (2012) Science 337, 967-71.
- Rodić, N. et al. (2015) Nat Med 21, 1060-4.
- Doucet-O'Hare, T.T. et al. (2015) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112, E4894-900.
- Chen, L. et al. (2012) Breast Cancer Res Treat 136, 129-42.
- Rodić, N. et al. (2014) Am J Pathol 184, 1280-6.
- Cook, P.R. et al. (2015) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112, 4298-303.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条