Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
TSPO (D1N7Z) Rabbit mAb #70358
|70358S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,100.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|70358||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry),
Specificity / Sensitivity
TSPO (D1N7Z) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total TSPO protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly160 of human TSPO protein.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HT-1080 (left) and Hep G2 (right) cells using TSPO (D1N7Z) Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Translocator protein (TSPO) is an 18 kDa mitochondrial drug- and cholesterol-transporting protein involved in steroid hormone synthesis and mitochondrial homeostasis in a variety of cell types (1,2). Originally thought to play a role exclusively in steroid synthesis in steroidogenic cells, subsequent research studies have implicated TSPO in a variety of pathologies in a broad range of tissues including progression of breast cancer, neuroinflammation, and neurological disorders (1,3-5). TSPO was first identified by its ability to bind benzodiazepines in peripheral tissues and glial cells, hence its alternate name Peripheral Benzodiazepine Receptor (PBR).
TSPO has been shown to modulate an array of cellular functions; it is critical for steroidogenesis, modulates mitochondrial function and metabolism, and plays a role in both cell proliferation and apoptosis (6-8). TSPO is found in the outer mitochondrial membrane where it coordinates with Steroidogenic Acute Regulatory Factor (StAR) to transport cholesterol into the mitochondria and is critical for steroidogenesis and tumor progression (9,10). This is illustrated by studies that show the non-aggressive, hormone-dependent cell line, MCF7, expresses low levels of TSPO whereas the more aggressive, metastatic, and hormone-independent cell line, MDA-MB-231, expresses high levels of TSPO (10). This study, and others, suggest that TSPO may be an important regulator of hormone-dependent tumor progression. Numerous investigations have concluded that due to its high affinity for pharmacological compounds and up-regulation in disease, TSPO is an attractive target for diagnosis and treatment of tumor progression, neuroinflammation, neurodegeneration, and neurological/psychiatric disorders (11-15).
- Batarseh, A. and Papadopoulos, V. (2010) Mol Cell Endocrinol 327, 1-12.
- Gatliff, J. and Campanella, M. (2012) Curr Mol Med 12, 356-68.
- Sileikyte, J. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 1046-53.
- Mukherjee, S. and Das, S.K. (2012) Curr Mol Med 12, 443-57.
- Da Pozzo, E. et al. (2012) Curr Mol Med 12, 426-42.
- Riond, J. et al. (1991) Eur J Biochem 195, 305-11.
- Veenman, L. and Gavish, M. (2012) Curr Mol Med 12, 398-412.
- Papadopoulos, V. et al. (1997) Steroids 62, 21-8.
- Batarseh, A. et al. (2012) Biochim Biophys Acta 1819, 38-56.
- Scarf, A.M. and Kassiou, M. (2011) J Nucl Med 52, 677-80.
- Rupprecht, R. et al. (2010) Nat Rev Drug Discov 9, 971-88.
- Venneti, S. et al. (2012) Glia , .
- Politis, M. et al. (2012) Front Pharmacol 3, 96.
- Calabresi, P.A. and Bohnen, N.I. (2012) Neurology , .
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条