Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Caspr2 (D6S1O) Rabbit mAb #61962
|61962S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,100.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|61962||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting,
Specificity / Sensitivity
Caspr2 (D6S1O) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Caspr2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gln1040 of human Caspr2 protein.
Contactin-associated protein 2 (Caspr2) is a type I transmembrane protein and member of the neurexin superfamily that mediates nervous system cell-cell interactions through the Neurexin IV-Caspr-Paranodin (NCP) complex (1). A multiprotein complex consisting of TAG-1, Caspr2, K+ channel, PSD95 and protein 4.1B mediates the molecular interactions at the juxtaparanodal region of myelinated axons, with homophilic TAG-1 interactions mediating the binding of this complex to glia (2,3).
Caspr2 protein localizes to juxtaparanodal regions of myelinated axons where it forms a cis-complex with the immunoglobulin-like cell adhesion molecule TAG-1. Caspr2 also binds to Shaker K+ channels Kv1.1, Kv1.2, and their Kvβ2 subunit. A PDZ domain at the Caspr2 carboxy terminus mediates the Caspr2-K+ channel association. Caspr2 is required for proper K+ channel localization, as Caspr2 deletion causes the redistribution of channels along the internodes (1-3). Furthermore, Caspr2 binds to protein 4.1B and connects the protein complex to the axonal cytoskeleton (4). Mutations in the Caspr2 gene have been linked to focal epilepsy, cortical dysplasia and Gilles de la Tourette syndrome (5,6).
- Poliak, S. et al. (1999) Neuron 24, 1037-47.
- Poliak, S. et al. (2003) J Cell Biol 162, 1149-60.
- Traka, M. et al. (2003) J Cell Biol 162, 1161-72.
- Denisenko-Nehrbass, N. et al. (2003) Eur J Neurosci 17, 411-6.
- Verkerk, A.J. et al. (2003) Genomics 82, 1-9.
- Strauss, K.A. et al. (2006) N Engl J Med 354, 1370-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 12957 Western Blotting Application Solutions Kit
- 13185 AMPA Receptor (GluR 1) (D4N9V) Rabbit mAb
- 13953 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (11-190 kDa)
- 3450 PSD95 (D27E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3921 Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Tyr869/Tyr873/Tyr876) Antibody
- 4676 AMPA Receptor (GluR 3) (D47E3) Rabbit mAb
- 5306 AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (D39F2) Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8070 AMPA Receptor (GluR 4) (D41A11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 8084 Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 1) (Ser845) (D10G5) Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条