Product Pathways - Adhesion
PathScan® Total MUC1 Sandwich ELISA Kit #53553
|Product Includes||Volume||Solution Color|
|ELISA Sample Diluent||25 ml||Blue|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody (ELISA Formulated)||1 ea||Red (Lyophilized)|
|Detection Antibody Diluent||11 ml||Green|
|HRP Diluent||11 ml||Red|
|STOP Solution||11 ml||Colorless|
|TMB Substrate #7004||11 ml||Colorless|
|MUC1 Mouse mAb Coated Microwells||96 tests|
|ELISA Wash Buffer (20X)||25 ml||Colorless|
|Cell Lysis Buffer (10X) #9803||15 ml||Yellowish|
|Sealing Tape||2 sheets|
Specificity / Sensitivity
PathScan® Total MUC1 Sandwich ELISA Kit detects endogenous levels of MUC1 protein in human cells, as shown in Figure 1. The kit sensitivity is shown in Figure 2. This kit detects proteins from the indicated species, as determined through in-house testing, but may also detect homologous proteins from other species.
The PathScan® Total MUC1 Sandwich ELISA Kit is a solid phase sandwich enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) that detects endogenous levels of MUC1 protein. A MUC1 mouse mAb has been coated onto the microwells. After incubation with cell lysates, the MUC1 proteins are captured by the coated antibody. Following extensive washing, a MUC1 rabbit detection mAb is added to detect captured MUC proteins. Anti-rabbit, HRP-linked antibody is then used to recognize the bound detection antibody. HRP substrate, TMB, is added to develop color. The magnitude of absorbance for the developed color is proportional to the quantity of MUC1 protein.
Antibodies in the kit are custom formulations specific to the kit.
ELISA - Western correlation
Figure 1. Detection of MUC1 protein in ZR-75-1, MCF7, and HEK293 cells is examined by using the PathScan® Total MUC1 Sandwich ELISA Kit. The absorbance readings at 450 nm are shown in the top figure, while the corresponding Western blot using MUC1 (D9O8K) Rabbit mAb #14161 is shown in the bottom figure.
Mucins represent a family of glycoproteins characterized by repeat domains and dense O-glycosylation (1). MUC1 (or mucin 1) is aberrantly overexpressed in most human carcinomas. Increased expression of MUC1 in carcinomas reduces cell-cell and cell-ECM interactions. MUC1 is cleaved proteolytically, and the large ectodomain can remain associated with the small 25 kDa carboxy-terminal domain that contains a transmembrane segment and a 72-residue cytoplasmic tail (1). MUC1 interacts with ErbB family receptors and potentiates ERK1/2 activation (2). MUC1 also interacts with β-catenin, which is regulated by GSK-3β, PKCγ, and Src through phosphorylation at Ser44, Thr41, and Tyr46 of the MUC1 cytoplasmic tail (3-5). Overexpression of MUC1 potentiates transformation (6) and attenuates stress-induced apoptosis through the Akt or p53 pathways (7,8).
- Baldus, S.E. et al. (2004) Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci 41, 189-231.
- Schroeder, J.A. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 13057-64.
- Li, Y. et al. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 7216-24.
- Li, Y. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 6061-4.
- Ren, J. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 17616-22.
- Schroeder, J.A. et al. (2004) Oncogene 23, 5739-47.
- Raina, D. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 20607-12.
- Wei, X. et al. (2005) Cancer Cell 7, 167-78.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 14161 MUC1 (D9O8K) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 14821 PathScan® Cancer Phenotype Antibody Array Kit (Chemiluminescent Readout)
- 14822 PathScan® Cancer Phenotype Antibody Array Kit (Fluorescent Readout)
- 4538 MUC1 (VU4H5) Mouse mAb
- 7004 TMB Substrate
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
- 9808 Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS-20X)
- 9809 Phosphate Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (PBST-20X)
- 9998 BSA
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
PathScan is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条