Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
Phospho-PKC (pan) (gamma Thr514) (D6Y3D) Rabbit mAb #38938
|38938S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,900.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|38938||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human,Mouse,Rat,||Endogenous||78, 80, 82, 85||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation,
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-PKC (pan) (gamma Thr514) (D6Y3D) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of PKC alpha, beta I, beta II, gamma, delta, epsilon, eta, and theta isoforms only when phosphorylated at a residue homologous to Thr514 of human PKC gamma. This antibody does not detect PKC phosphorylated at other sites.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr514 of human PKC gamma.
Activation of protein kinase C (PKC) is one of the earliest events in a cascade that controls a variety of cellular responses, including secretion, gene expression, proliferation, and muscle contraction (1,2). PKC isoforms belong to three groups based on calcium dependency and activators. Classical PKCs are calcium-dependent via their C2 domains and are activated by phosphatidylserine (PS), diacylglycerol (DAG), and phorbol esters (TPA, PMA) through their cysteine-rich C1 domains. Both novel and atypical PKCs are calcium-independent, but only novel PKCs are activated by PS, DAG, and phorbol esters (3-5). Members of these three PKC groups contain a pseudo-substrate or autoinhibitory domain that binds to substrate-binding sites in the catalytic domain to prevent activation in the absence of cofactors or activators. Control of PKC activity is regulated through three distinct phosphorylation events. Phosphorylation occurs in vivo at Thr500 in the activation loop, at Thr641 through autophosphorylation, and at the carboxy-terminal hydrophobic site Ser660 (2). Atypical PKC isoforms lack hydrophobic region phosphorylation, which correlates with the presence of glutamic acid rather than the serine or threonine residues found in more typical PKC isoforms. The enzyme PDK1 or a close relative is responsible for PKC activation. A recent addition to the PKC superfamily is PKCμ (PKD), which is regulated by DAG and TPA through its C1 domain. PKD is distinguished by the presence of a PH domain and by its unique substrate recognition and Golgi localization (6). PKC-related kinases (PRK) lack the C1 domain and do not respond to DAG or phorbol esters. Phosphatidylinositol lipids activate PRKs, and small Rho-family GTPases bind to the homology region 1 (HR1) to regulate PRK kinase activity (7).
- Nishizuka, Y. (1984) Nature 308, 693-8.
- Keranen, L.M. et al. (1995) Curr Biol 5, 1394-403.
- Mellor, H. and Parker, P.J. (1998) Biochem J 332 ( Pt 2), 281-92.
- Ron, D. and Kazanietz, M.G. (1999) FASEB J 13, 1658-76.
- Moscat, J. and Diaz-Meco, M.T. (2000) EMBO Rep 1, 399-403.
- Baron, C.L. and Malhotra, V. (2002) Science 295, 325-8.
- Flynn, P. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 11064-70.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2261 Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9371 Phospho-PKC (pan) (βII Ser660) Antibody
- 9372 PKCζ Antibody
- 9374 Phospho-PKCδ (Thr505) Antibody
- 9375 Phospho-PKCα/β II (Thr638/641) Antibody
- 9376 Phospho-PKCδ/θ (Ser643/676) Antibody
- 9377 Phospho-PKCθ (Thr538) Antibody
- 9378 Phospho-PKCζ/λ (Thr410/403) Antibody
- 9921 Phospho-PKC Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条